A wee while ago I posted a review of Bryan Allain’s book ‘31 days to finding your blogging mojo’. During October I worked my way through the book (one chapter per day) and, prompted by a comment on my initial post, I thought I’d provide an update.
Overall, I found it to be a useful exercise – looking at my blog in a different way was interesting. At times, I felt like I hadn’t a clue what I was doing:
- I couldn’t coherently articulate the purpose of the blog;
- I’m not clear who the audience is;
- I’m not too concerned about blog traffic (although I do appreciate the nice folks who pass by occasionally!); etc, etc.
- the consistency of posting – at times it is sparse and erratic;
- commenting more on other people’s blogs.