He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
Last September, Michael Bungay Stainer produced a book called End Malaria – it’s still available on Amazon. There some good stuff in the book (really good). The proceeds go towards ending malaria (bullet point summary of the project below).
A child dies every 45 seconds from malaria – DO I NEED TO WRITE ANY MORE? Go ahead – act justly and love mercy!
Bullet point summary of the project
- The book is called: End Malaria: Bold Innovation, Limitless Generosity, and the Opportunity to Save a Life
- $20 (£12 in UK) from every sale will go to Malaria No More.
- None of the contributors or the publishing house are taking any money from sales, and Amazon makes no profit
- The book has 62 thought leaders (download PDF list of contributors) writing around the topic of Great Work – how to do more of the stuff that matters and less of all the other stuff that fills up your day
- Includes such luminaries as Tom Peters, Gary Vaynerchuk, Sir Ken Robinson, Brene Brown, David Allen, Sally Hogshead and Mitch Joel
- Divided into eight key areas of insight, including: Create Freedom, Disrupt Normal and Take Small Steps
- End Malaria is edited by Michael Bungay Stanier and published by The Domino Project.It has an introduction from Scott Case, Vice Chair of Malaria No More
- $20 sends a mosquito net to a family in need and supports life-saving work in the fight against malaria
- Malaria No More’s mission is to end malaria in Africa by 2015.