The title of this post comes from the article that I referred to yesterday. It’s a phrase that has stuck with me, as I mulled over the literal (physiological) answers and the metaphorical ones as well.
Sitting in the steam room (post workout) I concocted a list of ways to sweat – perspire if you’re a lady, glow if you’re a dancer! – ranging from the good to the bad.
Feel free to add your own examples.
GOOD WAYS TO SWEAT
- Vigorous exercise
- Steam room (after vigorous exercise)
- Hot curry
- Sunny weather ( a rare event in Scotland)
- Nervous anticipation
BAD WAYS TO SWEAT
- Running to catch up
- “The small stuff”
- Running to stand still (and I don’t mean on the treadmill at the gym!)
- Working longer and longer hours
- Panic attacks, palpitations or something even worse.
You can choose where to place the INXS song, depending on personal preference. (Listen to the lyrics to make the connection.)