From Nicholas Bate:
- Send loads of e-mail making plentiful use of cc. [and ‘reply to all]
- Fill the schedule with long interminable meetings.
- Talk about how busy you are and the curse of e-mail and meetings.
- Write lists, lists and er, more lists.
- Stress it’s ‘just for the short-term’, ‘this quarter only’, ‘until we’ve got some mind-share’.
- Communicate solely through the smart phone window.
- Believe in the super-drug, adrenaline.
- Learn how to use e-mail.
- Decide why you are on the planet.
- Have fewer meetings with fewer people for less time.
- Slow down. Do less. Be here now. Achieve more.
- Insist on clear, explicit brain-friendly actions.
- Take breaks.
- Have a life beyond work.
I’d say that just about covers it!